Friday 9 April 2010

Summer running had me a blast, Summer running happened so fast…

But oh those summer nights. Tell me more, tell me more….

Yep I now declare winter OVER! I had me a great run this afternoon all off road in the warm spring sunshine. Lovely!

Inspired by Keith Robins who’s approaching the finish line of The Marathon Des Sables, described as the toughest foot race on Earth. 240km across the Moroccan Sahara I decided to do a run on sand and so headed off to Parkhall country Park where the terrain is very sandy from all the sandstone in that area.
Please lend your support to what Keith is going through and follow him from this facebook link.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755262194#!/keithandbrett?ref=mf

Keith is raising money for 3 local hospices.
Parkhall at Weston Coyney is an ideal cross country run as the terrain is so varied, from forest to wetlands to sandy valleys with sharp sandstone cliffs towering above.

It’s very picturesque and has put me in a great mood especially as the weather was warm.
I ran for about 1 hour 20 so I’m putting that in the log as 7 miles which is an understatement but I’ve yet to invest in a Garmin Forerunner (other brands are available) so I’ll say it’s a good 7 miles run.
The sat nav for runners (Garmin thingy) is on the list of things I will buy for the runs.

So I’ve only got to run 10 more miles this week to hit the 30 mile target.

Its all good summer running…
Phil
The 6 Towns Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment