Monday 19 April 2010

The blog of the week that was

Didn’t have much time over the last weekend to blog my latest training runs.

The big new is I hit my mark and ran between 36 and 37 miles last week, comfortably hitting me 35 miles target.
I honestly thought I may miss the week’s goal, but I got there in the end.

Also caught a wee bit of the sun over the weekend too 

No injuries to report, all feels good and I’m getting plenty of sleep at the moment. In fact I feel pretty good at the moment. Every things going well, long may that continue!

I’ll do a long run tomorrow night in conjunction with a club run at Trentham RC. Maybe 10 + miles.
Did some good strength work in the gym tonight and that’s a key part to this and I’ve neglected it recently but I need to keep on top of that.
Though my diet has always been very good I’m adding a few new items to the menu such as peanut butter and granola bars. All good stuff.

I’ve 4 weeks of hard training eating and resting now and then the taper down week and then its game on.

A bit about the weekends runs.
Saturday, 6 and a half miles around part of the Tunstall route.
Sunday, at least 8 miles around some of the Fenton run.
That brings you up to date on the running.
Much more in the coming days and weeks.

Phil 6 Towns runner – signing off…

No comments:

Post a Comment