Sunday 4 April 2010

Keeping the momentum going

As another weeks training draws to a close I can report a good week of fund raising. My thanks go out to the drinkers of the Sneyd Arms in Sneyd Green who donated almost £80 on Good Friday, well done and thanks a million.

This money will be banked on Tuesday and then transferred to the justgiving account.

Word is spreading and the facebook page is gaining new fans everyday.

Overall I’m happy with how things are progressing; it’s now about keeping this momentum going so we can really push on and raise as much money for the hospice as humanly possible.
On a training front I’m feeling good both physically and emotionally, I say emotionally because I believe two thirds of completing this challenge are making sure I’m mentally strong.

I have an enormous amount of mental strength and discipline so I’m not concerned about this to much but I have had a few down days this week when I just didn’t want to get up and run through the cold wet weather but I did and I will next week too, and the week after that and so on until I’m standing there at the start of my first of 6 half marathons. If I’m honest I can’t wait for that first morning and to kick off the runs. I know its going to be great.

Training log stuff then; my weekly target was 25 miles. I ran 26.7 miles in 6 days. Next weeks target is set at 30 miles, 1 spinning class and at least 1 long swim plus strength work in the gym.
Tomorrow is a rest day and for the first time in a long time I’m not setting an alarm. A nice long sleep in, can’t wait.

The 6 towns runner signing off on another good week, happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment