Sunday 25 April 2010

Crossing a threshold

I’ve crossed the threshold this week; I’ve never run more then 35 miles in one week.

I’ve hit my miles target of 40 miles for the week and I’m very chuffed.

Though when I’m on the official big 6 runs I’ll be doing double that in a week! Gulp…!!!
It’s been a really good week and a great weekend, I feel so good and strong that it’s scary!

I need to keep controlled and not go and over do it just because I feel like a super hero doesn’t make me one. I don’t want to become over confident and pick up an injury from going to fast or doing too much.

I’m also amazed by how much I’m able to do each day. Everything seems so overwhelming and yet I’m ticking things off each day and somehow getting this event off the ground and getting my mind and body to the place it needs to be ready for the pavement pounding to come!
I’m truly testing my self like never before and I’ve never worked so hard at anything as I am for this. Its amazing what you can do when you push yourself.

I’m not going to say this is a life changing event for me as I’m still Phil and always will be but I do like what’s happening both physically and physiologically.
I’ve never had a wash board stomach before and I like the new chiselled features too 
I’m also much more confident too. So right now on this incredible journey its all win win, both for me as a person and for all the cash I raise for the children’s hospice.

Phil Izz 6 Towns running.

No comments:

Post a Comment