Friday 2 April 2010

And another 9 miles collected. Couldn’t I have been a stamp collector instead?

I’m in a real miserable mood today. I forced myself out to run today.
It was a proper battle of wills to go running at 8.20am on a cold wet and wind swept Good Friday.
Well it’s done now and no I don’t feel better for doing it.
Don’t get me wrong I’m very glad I’ve gotten it out of the way. I now just have a short run to complete my miles target for the week.

I’m just so fed up of this weather, the instructions which came with me do say, and I quote the manual which I come with “Phil is designed to operate best at between 25c and 30c degrees.

Yeah I know! As a runner I should be happier to run in cooler weather then heat but come on I’m sure you’d agree that we’ve had enough of the winter now.
Taking a couple of inches of snow off the car yesterday wasn’t a good April fool’s joke.

And what really adds to today’s frustration is the fact I couldn’t get any wine gums as the corner shop was shut! Dam!!!

Anyhow I did 9 miles this morning (2nd April 10) at a slow pace as I’d not had a restful sleep last night and had no energy! My ankle felt ok in the new runners and I suspect it may be my Achilles heel which has a very slight malfunction!
So I’ll keep an eye out for that but I’m hopeful it will be ok.
21 and half miles in the bag this week, so with a short 5 mile run tomorrow I’ll have hit my miles target for the week which was 25. Its all good.

Enjoy the Easter weekend

Phil
The 6 towns runner

No comments:

Post a Comment