Saturday 1 May 2010

I’m an athlete...

...trapped inside the body of an average man

I may not look like an athlete but I feel like I’ve adopted the life style of a top sportsman.

I’ve come to realise that I can’t have a social life (not that I have one anyway) but I have to get enough sleep / rest and make sure I’m focused ready for each days training run or in today’s case runs.

I have to eat the right things and not let my self become hungry. This I’ve noticed is a fringe benefit to all the training. Food taste’s better and I get to each more of it “a lot more”!

Though to be honest I’m eating better quality foods like better cuts of chicken or turkey.

A down side is that I can’t really drink alcohol in large amounts now.
I fear that if I have 3 pints or more I will (1) fall asleep on the pub table. (2) Find a way to poll dance through my extreme drunkenness.
Neither option compels me to head down to the local pub with mates who are for more acclimatised to beer and its effects on the body.

So I find that my social life now revolves around me having conversations with my self while out running. I think I may be going mad!

In fact my life revolves around runnng.

So far this week I’ve clocked up 36 and half miles.

I’ve come along way since I started to prepare for this challenge and I’ve adapted to all the changes I’ve made to my life style so that I can be confident that my body won’t fall apart after a couple of the runs…!

It’s all going well.
Thanks to all who’ve donated so far and to any who read my blog and haven’t then please, please support me by chucking a couple of quid in my online donations tin at justgiving.com/6townsrun
Thanks all
Phil – 6 Towns Running athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment