Friday 21 May 2010

T: Minus 1 day. Tranquillity base the eagle is running

So it’s just one day now until I kick off my marathon running, on Sunday myself and 6 others (confirmed as of Friday night) will set off on the first of 6 back to back half marathons.

It’s going to be a hot start with temperatures at 19c by 9am and only getting hotter. So I’ll be drinking plenty of water on Saturday to hydrate ready for the start.
I can’t wait now; it seems so long ago that I embarked on this mad project to run 6 half marathons plus a 10k race all in a week all to raise money for the Donna Louise Children’s Hospice in Trentham.

It’s a total of 84.6 miles and so far I’ve risen over £700 which is absolutely fantastic and I’m so touched by the generosity of people, not just those who I know personally but also the folk who have given who don’t know me and that really helps to know people are backing me and want me to do well and make this a success for the Hospice.

I couldn’t have gotten to this stage without you. So thanks so much for all the support so far. It’s been a tremendous journey so far and the real adventure begins this Sunday the 23rd of May in Fenton.

Please tell your friends about me and how they can donate online via http://www.6townsrun.co.uk/
Now more then ever I need people to support me by donating, if I see money coming in each day then it helps me to eat up the miles as I run around Stoke-on-Trent so please, please help me to make this event a huge susses for the Donna Louise Trust and give what you can.

Don’t forget that you can run with me on anyone my runs, run a few minutes or run the half marathon, I would love the company. I know I’m asking a lot but it would be great to have some company each day.

Lisa & Tracy fro my running club at Trentham together with Tracy’s boyfriend are joining myself, Kedren and Sarah both from South Cheshire Harriers for the first days run.
Then I’m joined by Jackie from my running club on the second days run though Longton.
I hope to have support from Cynthia on day 5 through Hanley and then if Drew isn’t held up by volcanic ash he should be supporting me on the final run together with Kedren. But anyone is welcome to join in.
All the info is on the website http://www.6townsrun.co.uk/

So wish me luck as I get myself ready to run for all I’m worth.

Phil
The 6 towns Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment