Sunday 2 May 2010

A good weeks running

I know I sound like a broken record but I’ve hit my miles target for the week which was set at 45.
I have run 45.5 miles in 6 days with Monday and Wednesday as rest days.
It’s all good. I even attempted and failed to make a training video blog while out running in Burslem this afternoon.

I had the camera the wrong way up and so I’m horizontal, I may be a laid back guy but the video just looked even more ridicules.

Its bad enough watching me sweat and gasp my way around with out having to tilt you head to one side to do it!
I’ll try another one tomorrow now I know what I’m doing. Watch out James Cameron, Phil is learning how to video stuff!

Maybe that’s my follow up project. I’ll run in costume as an avatar, essentially it’s just a big smurf really!

I can run in blue make up….
Anyhow here’s the training blog update stuff:- I ran 9 miles around part of the Tunstall run on Friday evening.

Ran a total of 9 miles on Saturday inc 5 at Bourne Sports with the rest from finishing my mapping in Fenton.

I then ran 9 miles on Sunday afternoon to make it up to 45.5 in total.

The Sunday run was through Burslem Town.
I’m not sure if I should stick at 45 miles for next week or up it to 50, I don’t feel like I’m over training but the legs are a bit tight in places. I’m sure that’s to be expected.

I also want to run tomorrow as I’m off work and fancy going to Longton and running the bits I’m unsure about. Mainly were roads link up with Florence Park. Plus I’m going to crack this video malarkey and post a training video blog for all to see / laugh at.

I’m feeling happy, confident and ready to run.
Phil – 6 Towns and counting down to the big day now….

No comments:

Post a Comment