Sunday 23 May 2010

1 DOWN, 5 MORE TO GO.

With Kedren, Sarah and Mike from South Cheshire Harriers and Lisa, Tracy and her Partner Cass from Trentham running club we ran the first 6 towns run around Fenton.

OMG! Was it hot, Jesus Mary and Joseph it was hot today. I couldn’t have ran much more in that heat.

We owe a big thank you to the guy from the Scooter mobility shop who let us fill up our water bottles which was desperately needed. I must have drunk 3 litres during the run today.
Job done though 13.10 miles in the bag and the Fenton run boxed off the list.

I really enjoyed today’s run. It was great to have so many people come out and support me especially in such extreme heat too.
I do hope it cools off a wee bit. I can’t cope with this all week.

Tomorrow I’ll be running through Longton and hope to have Jackie also from my running club keeping me company for most of the run.

Oddly enough I’m looking forward to doing it all again and I also have the local paper (The Sentinel) http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/ coming out at the start to get photographs for a story they’re going to run about my mad mission to run 6 half marathons in 6 days for the Donna Louise Children’s Hospice.

So far so good. I feel fine and I’m rearing to go (again)!!!

This is the 6 Towns Runners blog. Now 5 towns running.
Thanks for reading - Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment