Tuesday 25 May 2010

Call me Izzard, Phil Izzard. I like it shaken but never stirred!

So this is my latest blog. I’m now half way through my gruelling marathon fund raising for the Donna Louise Children’s Hospice.

On Monday I completed my second half Marathon which started and ended in Longton town centre. I was joined at the start by the photographer from the Sentinel news paper though she didn’t run with me but I was joined by my mate Jacquie from Trentham RC at about mile 6 and together we toughed it out on another hot day back to the finish line at the town hall in Longton.

On Tuesday I started out from Tunstall for the 3rd half marathon and was surprised to find I had some company from Mike Cutler of South Cheshire Harriers who called me to say he’d like to meet me on the route and run to the end, so after a few calls and Mike asking passers by if he was on the right road we met up at mile 6 and he ran with me to the finish line where I had another great surprise as my friend Michelle whom I knew from college had waited patiently with her Husband Rich and little girl Eleanor to greet me and clap as I finished my 3rd run.

So all in all the last 2 runs have been really good and now I find I’m going to have Jacquie with me for the 4th run in Burslem which is great, it helps having other with me.

The story in tonight’s paper about my marathon fund raising is also fantastic and I’m dead chuffed to be mentioned in the same sentence as my comedy hero (and now running legend) Eddie Izzard. I owe a big thanks to Nicola for helping to get my story in the Sentinel.

Though what I’m doing is nothing to what he did for Sport Relief last summer.

So I’m half way through now and its all down hill from here on, well apart from the hill climbs in Stoke-on-Trent which I still have to run up!!!

Money has been coming in today and I hope that will continue for the rest of the week as there is no better way to support me then give a little cash to the Hospice.

Thanks so much to all who read these blogs, all who have run with me so far and to all who’ve donated; thank you very much indeed.

Phil Izzard - Izz 6 towns running; or should that be 3 towns now!

No comments:

Post a Comment