Sunday 16 May 2010

NO MORE TRAINING

Yes I’m as ready as I’ll ever be now. with lass then a week until the start of my first run I’ve stopped all running now.

I’ll now taper off and get as much rest as I can.
I will also stretch and do some strength work in the gym plus the odd swim or two but otherwise its pour rest and relaxation and I can’t wait.

Though I must also admit that by mid week I’m bound to be so board. I can’t actually remember what my life was like before the running. I guess I must have had a life.

Anyhow here are a few high and low points from the last 12 weeks of training.

I guess the main low point would be never having enough time to do all the things I need to do each night. Such as writing this blog, mapping my runs which I’m still finishing; fund raising and contacting the media for support designing all the advertising and t shirts and so many other things.

It has taken over my life which isn’t a bad thing but I always wish I had more time each day to do more.

I’ve adapted my body to not only cope with a lot more running each day but to also work for longer with less sleep each night.
Together with the day job it feels as though I’ve lived the last 3 months of my life in a constant state of exhaustion.

I guess that’s a high point that I’ve learned how to physically cope with so much more.

Other high points include running past a group of fishermen along the cannel last weekend only to small wacky backy! Yeah that’s a “high” point for sure.
Other high points are the obvious once, like making new friends and being so over whelmed with the generosity of people.
This has been a great journey for me so far and the best is yet to come.
So please support me and donate at www.6townsrun.co.uk

Thanks for reading my training blog and I hope you’ll read my running blog.

Thanks

Phil almost 6 towns running now….

No comments:

Post a Comment