Tuesday 4 May 2010

baby we were born to run - Bruce Springsteen...

I do like the Boss (Bruce Springsteen)

I feel really good tonight, after a lot of calls and emails I’ve finally got some positive news from Signal Radio’s Signal 1.
Though they can’t give me on air time they are happy to give updates of my progress and money raised.
This is fantastic news as it’s the most listened to breakfast show in the area and I’m chuffed to bits that there are on board, in a smaller way then I’d hoped but its better then nothing.
Now for the news papers and other radio stations in the area. I’ll not give in and I’ll keep banging on doors until they open. Hey it only took two weeks, 2 phone calls and 3 emails to make Signal radio understand that I’m not going away until I get what I want.
I’ll give you a money back guarantee that you’ll not meet a more stubborn man then me! I will not be stopped… This is why those closest to me knew that when I announced my running challenge to world that it was going to happen and nothing will stop me.

So watch out BBC Radio Stoke, you’re next!

Ok as far as the running going; I did a gentle 4.25 miles on Monday on the Longton run (made a video blog too).

Tuesday evening I have run about 9 miles (no Garmin so it’s only an estimate). The brake down of that is about 3 miles from Trentham RC along the Cannel and back to the club along Cow lane and Hanford. Then 6 miles confirmed from someone else using a forerunner on the club run so it’s all good. Maybe still running a bit quick when with the gang from Trentham but I’m feeling strong.
I do need to amend today’s video blog when I said I had no injuries, that’s not quite true.
Strangely I’ve got what appears to be bruising on my rib cage! Don’t have a clue who that could have happened but I did feel it; only very slightly but I’ll keep an eye on it.
Anyway I don’t think I have done to bad today considering I’ve only had 4 and half hour shut eye and my 7am spin class.

With that in mind I think its time to crawl into bed and collapse for the night.

Good night from Phil who IZZ 6 Towns Running for real very soon……!

No comments:

Post a Comment