Monday 10 May 2010

Through the wind, through the rain and through the heat. I WILL RUN!

Had an ok 10 mile run tonight, but like on so many runs by the end my hands were so cold I’d lost all filling in them. It’s bloody painful and really gets me down.
Then I subject my self to an ice bath! oh joy of joys… Only lasted about 10 minutes but that will do!

I want to hit the 50 mile target by the end of this week, my last week of training before I taper off ready to hit the city with the BIG SIX RUNS for charity.

So I need another 40 miles which kinda means another 4 runs of 10 miles or more. No problem!!! – he says!!!
Had a good run at Tree Tops 10K last Sunday with a time of 54:32. I’m 50 seconds of my best time over 10ks which is 53:40 so that’s not too bad. It was a super day out as it always is down at Trentham Gardens.

Best news of all I still have my competitive pace and I came away injury free.

I had thought that if I push too hard to run a good time I’ll pull up with a muscle problem but it went ok.
Keep on running.

Phil Iz 6 Towns Running in less then 2 weeks now!!! Gulp…

No comments:

Post a Comment