Tuesday 23 March 2010

So my 10 week build up has begun. Lots of training to do.


My current plan is to try and steadily increase the amount of miles I can run on a weekly basis and my goal is to be able to run up to 50 miles in a week by mid May.

My mileage goal for this week is 20 miles. My training week will run from Monday to Sunday. So far I’ve only run a fast 6 miles with my running club. Up to 7 minute miles which is pretty good going. Especially in the pouring rain too.

I have a long way to go to be in the best physical condition to endure running 6 half marathons back to back, but my game plan is to take it very steady and walk parts if I feel I need to.

It’s all about completing the challenge and raising money for my charity not testing my self beyond what I can cope with.
So much of this will be a mental and emotional test. It’s all about getting my head full of positive thoughts; I already have a stubborn streak as long as the Amazon River so I know that once I start I’ll bloomin finish it somehow.

So if you read this please wish me luck and any tips or advice will be greatly received.
Here’s the running blog bit. Week 1 of my 10 week plan. Tuesday 23 March Ran a fast 6 mile club run in heavy rain. Thanks to all who run with me.
Phil

The 6 towns runner

No comments:

Post a Comment